3A: My Entrepreneurship Story

I, myself, do not necessarily have an entrepreneur backstory (yet).  However, my boss's husband was delivering pizzas in Tallahassee to help put himself through college.  He decided to start offering lawn services on the side for additional income.  The lawn service ended up taking off and being quite successful.  He was eventually able to become his own official company with additional employees and made over six figures a year.  Unfortunately, with his relocation to the panhandle and multiple other companies serving as competitors, his business here in Pensacola has not flourished as it did in Tallahassee.  But he is still maintaining the company and has steady business.

I enrolled in ENT3003 as one of my required classes to complete my Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration.  And if I am being honest, it was also one of the few being offered during the Summer term that I was able to take.  I am, however, excited to see what the class offers and teaches me.


Comments

  1. That is very interesting and shows a valuable lesson as well. An entrepreneur must take into account the location of his business and analyze whether it is an environment that can lead to success. I have known many people that have also been very successful in one location, and expected that success to continue when moving. Often times, it is not the case. And I am in the same position as you, in regards to be forced to take this class for my major (except I'm not Buss Admin).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I myself don't have any entrepreneurial experience but like you those around me have. A lot of friends have started their own businesses from auto repair shops to selling jewelry. Even my own grandfather owned his own grocery store with no prior business experience. I am eager to see how your experience changes during the semester. Also, love the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Christine,
    Thank you for being honest and explaining why you really took this class. I wrote that in my story too, but was hoping to not be the only one, ha-ha! Even with no personal experience in entrepreneurship, you still provided feedback on those around you with experience. One way to improve would 100% be starting your own business, so great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2A: Bug List